Benefits of Organics - Biodiversity & Eco-systemsOrganic methods not only help maintain natural habitats; they actually foster an even stronger, more diverse natural eco-system.
International studies have shown astounding results.
Organic farms have been shown to nurture more healthy species, including:
- 5 times as many wild plants in arable fields, and 57% more species.
- 25% more birds at the field edge, and 44% more birds in-field during the autumn and winter.
- 1.6 times as many invertebrate arthropods, which serve as bird food.
- 3 times as many non-pest butterflies in the crop areas.
- 1-5 times as many spiders, and 1-2 times as many species.
- significant decreases in number of aphids, a common crop pest.
In addition, innovations in ecologically-based farming are fundamentally changing agriculture. The Land Institute is paving the way to mimic the laws of nature to create synergistic agricultural eco-systems. Capitalizing on nature's ability to regulate and sustain itself, these systems require less human intervention to produce healthy, prolific crops.
Organics – Long-Term Viability
Conventional Farming - Harm Patek Philippe replica watches https://www.aerogrid.co.uk