Farmer & Chef Social MixerMonday, March 7th
If you missed the event, and would like more information or a copy of the Local Farm Guide, feel free to contact us.
Also, feel free to read more about our Farm-to-Restaurant Network.
Thanks to everyone who came to our first Mixer! It was a wonderful success despite the sound system not working, and all-in-all a great time! Special thanks to Ola Fendert of Oola Restaurant who co-hosted and served up some tasty bites, as well as our generous sponsors:
- Organic Wine Company - SF importers of European organic wines
- Bison Brew - Organic beer brewery in Berkeley
- Purity Organic Juices - Bottled juices made from local, organic farms' fruit
- Bay Area Biofuel - Converters of used cooking oil/grease into fuel!
- Hangar One Vodka - Fine vodka infused with organic, seasonal fruits
- Patagonia - 100% organic cotton clothing
In case you're curious or just hungry, here's what Ola served:
- Seared Ahi Tuna With Green Vinaigrette On Watermelon Radish Chips
- All Natural Baby Back Ribs With Cilantro, Ginger And Soy, Served With Red-Cabbage Apple Slaw
- Yellowfoot Chanterelle & Blue Mushroom Puff Pastry Tart, Cypress Grove Goat Cheese, Caramelized Onions And Truffled Honey
- All Natural Creek Stone Farms Mini Hamburgers
- Parsnip And Potato Soup With Wonton Strips
The original info about the event is below. Thanks again for everyone's interest and participation!
Please join us for the next Om Organics event connecting local, organic farmers with San Francisco's most conscientious chefs.
One fun, casual night to mix and mingle, enjoy delicious hors d'oeuvres and beverages, and of course learn about the importance of using sustainably grown foods and supporting our many local producers.
Chefs: Chat with over 40 (listed below) local, organic farmers about their upcoming harvests, what you'd love to see planted, affordable pricing, and whatever else tickles your fancy. Each of you will go home (or back to work!) with a detailed directory of local, sustainable growers, info about organic wine, beer and juice for your sommelier, and easy PR channels via the new San Francisco Green Restaurants program and the United Nations World Environment Day taking place in San Francisco this June.
Farmers: Over 50 San Francisco chefs who use organic produce and meats will be attending to learn more about your farm and harvests. We're also inviting a handful of chefs new to the organic scene, so you can help us spread the good word about farming sustainably for our health and environment. (Even if you can't make it this night, please contact us to include your farm in the directory!)
Hors d'oeuvres provided by Oola's Ola Fendert (formerly of Chez Papa, Baraka, and Plouf). Organic beverages provided by Organic Wine Company, Bison Brewery, and Purity Organic juices.
41 farmer RSVPs so far representing:
Dirty Girl Produce
Everything Under the Sun
Far West Fungi
Happy Boy Farm
Little Organic Farm
Lucero Organic Farm
Marin Roots Farm
Mt. Barnabe Farm
Outstanding in the Field
Paradise Valley Produce
Star Route Farm
Swanton Berry Farm
6 farms so far that can't make it but will be in the Directory:
Chileno Valley Ranch
Gospel Flat Farm
Marin Sun Farms