Special Event: Recap and WinnersNovember 2004
The Future of Food:
Film – Panel – Party Thank you to everyone who saw the film and came to the after-party! It was an amazing turnout, completely filling both the Castro Theater and Lime Restaurant.
Special thanks to all the generous contributors - especially Sharon Ardiana at Lime, who created a delicious selection of unique, seasonal dishes (details below!), Jamie Lloyd of Besos Foods, acting as her sous chef for the night, and Drew Scaturro, the Lime manager, who made it all happen. Additional thanks to our friendly, entertaining volunteers!
Below are details about:
- After-Party Dishes
- Raffle Winners
- Shopping Guide to Party Contributors
For more information on the film, see The Future of Food website. To order a copy, call 1-800-688-2218.
There was also a recent article in the SF Chronicle about the film, panel and party.
After-Party DishesIn case you missed the description cards, these are the delectable dishes that Sharon Ardiana created:
- Potter Family Farms beef brisket tacos
- Marin Roots Farm broccoli rabe crostini w/ Acme Bread
- Grilled Heirloom Organics rainbow chard stuffed w/ Cowgirl Creamery chevre
- Various pizzettas w/ Cowgirl Creamery cheese & Eatwell Farm herbs:
1) Marin Roots Farm cipollini & purplette onion pizzetta,
2) Heirloom Organics bitter greens pizzetta (dandelion, treviso radicchio & turnip tops), and
3) Little Organic Farm potato, Heirloom Organic valencia onion & sylvetta ruccola (wild arugula) pizzetta.
- Marin Roots Farm mixed radishes w/ anchovy butter
- Eatwell Farm butternut squash w/ brown sugar & cashews
- Roasted Little Organic Farm fingerling potatoes w/ grey sea salt & salsa verde
- Roasted Heirloom Organics thumbelina carrots & white turnips
- Marin Roots Farm julienned chioggia beets w/ vinaigrette & arugula
- Eatwell Farm heirloom tomato salsa & chips
Thanks to Neila & Brett for the food cards!
Raffle WinnersGrand Prize: Privately catered dinner for 6 by Jamie Lloyd of Besos Foods
2nd Prize: Magnum of Quivira Vineyards Steelhead Red
3rd Prize: Signed copy of Christopher Cook's new book Diet for a Dead Planet
4th Prize (5 winners): Besos Farm-Fresh Meal Kits
Christian Wais, Shauna Witt, Arshad "on the cob" Tayyeb, Ian Moate, Michael Orlandi
Congratulations and we'll be contacting you soon!
Thanks to Christine of Besos Foods for setting it up!
Shopping Guide to Party ContributorsMany, many thanks to all the generous contributors to the event! Below are links and contact information for each.
Ferry Building Marketplace – 415-288-2978
More info about their store
San Francisco, CA – 415-495-5460
Ferry Building Marketplace – 415-362-9354
100% biodegradable cutlery made from non-GMO wheat
San Francisco, CA – 415-488-8152
@ Rainbow Foods (more Bay Area locations online)
Davis, CA - 530.759.1120
@ Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market (Tues, Sat), CSA Delivery Program in the Bay Area
Heirloom Organics Farm
Watsonville, CA - 831.726.5117
@ Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market (Tues, Sat)
More farm info
2247 Market St., San Francisco, CA - 415-621-5256
Little Organic Farm
Petaluma, CA - 707.773.1338
@ Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market (Sat)
More farm info
Marin Roots Farm
Petaluma, CA – 415-309-2474
Organic Wine Company
San Francisco, CA – 888-Eco-Wine
Potter Family Farms
Ferry Plaza Marketplace – 415-378-2917
Purity Organic Juices
San Francisco, CA – 415-673-5555
Healdsburg, CA – 707-431-8333
100% biodegradable plates made from sugarcane fiber
San Francisco, CA - 415-279-3221
Vegan brownies in the party favor pack
3 locations in SF: Fillmore/Haight, Valencia/16th, Castro/Market
Wolaver's Organic Ales
Local rep. 415-722-3507
@ Rainbow, Whole Foods, Jug Shop, Toronado, Greens, Millennium
Thanks to Neila & Nate for wrapping the brownies!
Feature Section Archives