Farm Hands-On ProgramsIf you're an urbanite, have you ever wondered what it's like on an organic farm?
Which nature-based methods are used instead of chemicals and synthetics? How a bag of seeds transforms into the meal on your dinner plate?
Luckily for us, we have several schools and many local, organic farmers who love having visitors as well as the extra help. You can also plan an exotic, organic farming vacation abroad. Connect with the earth and check out how your food is produced!
Volunteer for a day, get an internship/apprenticeship, or just hang out:
- Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF) - US and int'l directory of farms looking for volunteers
- Organic Holidays - European farms offering accommodation (work not necessary!)
- Organic Volunteers - Matches volunteers with farms
- Or, ask farms at the Farmers’ Markets if they give tours or need help rolex replica watches uk – for a day or for a season!
Take a course or farm for credit:
- List of local institutions compiled by Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
- Directory of colleges & universities with farms compiled by New Farm
- Educational resources provided by National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service
- Practical Farm Training Program at the organic Farm School in New orologi replica England. (Includes room and board)
- Training for students or farmers via the Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture (MESA)
Benefits of Organics